Re: [exim] dot at the end of a local part

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ted Cooper
Asunto: Re: [exim] dot at the end of a local part
John Hall wrote:
>> This isn't much of a help for you issue but more a question as to why
>> you would be running into it.
>>
>> None of my servers have ever accepted a local part with a dot on the end
>> and I will never run into the issue because it's not an account name.
>> Why are you accepting local parts that don't have a valid account?
>
> Ted,
>
> The ACL snippets are checking the sender address, not the local address -
> Exchange rejects some invalid sender addresses that a default Exim
> configuration will accept.

Ahhhh .. missed that point. That it explains it then anyway.

Sounds a lot like the email addresses I've been seeing of late with the
"-" on the end of them. I put in an ACL to flat out reject them just in
time for all of those source addresses to disappear.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html