Re: [exim] dot at the end of a local part

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Phil Chambers
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] dot at the end of a local part

On Fri, 02 May 2008 11:28:53 +1000 Ted Cooper <eximX1211@???> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> This isn't much of a help for you issue but more a question as to why
> you would be running into it.
>
> None of my servers have ever accepted a local part with a dot on the end
> and I will never run into the issue because it's not an account name.
> Why are you accepting local parts that don't have a valid account?

I'm not accepting recipients that don't exist. The issue arose because there
were trailing dots on some sender_address_local_part. Exim was accepting this
but Exchange was rejecting when Exim tried to pass it on.

Indeed, when I saw this I then found countless examples where Exim was
rejecting attempts to send to recipients with trailing dots on the local_part.
The rejections were not because the address was invalid but because we don't
have any such addresses.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter