[exim] dot at the end of a local part

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Phil Chambers
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] dot at the end of a local part
I have just seen examples of mail with a sender address whith the local part
ending with a dot:

<MikeG.@continentalways.com>

(I was surprised to see Exchange reject this because it is willing to accept
all sorts of rubbish in addresses without complaint!)

Exim seems to allow this through despite it not conforming to RFC2822. As I
read it:

local-part      =       dot-atom / quoted-string / obs-local-part

dot-atom        =       [CFWS] dot-atom-text [CFWS]
dot-atom-text   =       1*atext *("." 1*atext)

Its not quoted-string

obs-local-part  =       word *("." word)
word            =       atom / quoted-string
atom            =       [CFWS] 1*atext [CFWS]
atext does not include "."

I can put in a specific ACL to reject this but it really aught to be picked up
by Exim at a more fundamental level.

I am running exim-4.68 and I don't see a change in the change-log for 4.69.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter