Re: [exim] Rotating SMTP Outgoing IP addresses - SOLUTION

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Renaud Allard
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Rotating SMTP Outgoing IP addresses - SOLUTION

Renaud Allard wrote:
> Example 1:
> When I got my 2 new servers for my personal purpose, they were allocated
> 2 physical addresses and 2 virtual ones using CARP in a load balancing
> scheme. For an unknown reason the 2 physical addresses were wrongly
> listed at sorbs as dynamic IPs. So I thought on sending through virtual
> IPs, and put one virtual IP for outgoing on each host. The problem being
> the two IPs were using CARP in load balancing mode, so using a hash for
> the routes. This meant that 1 IP on 2 were unreachable from one
> particular host and the same for the other host but reversed. If I could
> have rotated on both IPs, I wouldn't have noticed the problem with CARP
> and there would have been no overly delayed mail.

This further confirms my example 1 as some people are caching DNS much
more than they should as my 2 servers static IPs have been removed from
sorbs for weeks:

   dlugo@???
     SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<dlugo@???>:
     host mail.etherboy.com [216.158.54.130]: 550-rejected:
     206.251.244.95 is listed in dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
     550 Dynamic IP Addresses See:
http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?206.251.244.95