Re: [exim] Rotating SMTP Outgoing IP addresses - SOLUTION

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc Perkel
Para: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [exim] Rotating SMTP Outgoing IP addresses - SOLUTION

Dean Brooks wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 07:25:25AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> One of the unfortunate effects of using a front end spam filtering
>> service like mine is that all your incoming email comes from one IP
>> address. And I also do recipient verification which also counts as a
>> connection. And I often have multiple customers at the same ISP. Most
>> ISPs are good about removing rate limits but I have to know that it's
>> happening first to ask for it.
>>

> You're using recipient callouts to servers you don't have a prior
> business relationship with, and you wonder why someone might ratelimit
> or block you?
>
> /facepalm
>
> --
> Dean Brooks
> dean@???

These are people who I have a business relationship with. When someone
connects to my servers I do a recipient verify. If the recipient is bad
I do a deny on the connection to me. That is after all the very purpose
of recipient verification.

Anyhow - I'm not here to justify what I'm doing to anyone here. I found
a solution to rotating IP addresses. I shared my solution with the list.
So I'm not going to respond to issues as to if I should be doing it.
This is off topic and I'm requesting the moderators to put a stop to it.
If you don't like my solution, don't use it.