Re: [exim] Secret blacklists

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Secret blacklists

Marc Perkel wrote:

> Sure I do. I'm behind my blacklist and if I get something wrong I fix
> it. I want people to know and be able to contact me. This secret
> blacklist stuff where people are blacklisted and know one takes
> responsibility is a bizzare concept. I think it's irresponsible and
> extremely abusive. So - I've outed you. you are abmrbl.com and you're
> now caught. And people rightly should know about it.
>
> Don't tell me what I can't discuss in public. You are CAUGHT and you
> have now been OUTED!

Hello Marc,

The fact you have a public blacklist and want to fix things and discuss
it in public is very good. However, most large sites have their own
private blacklists. What is the difference between between being blocked
by a private totally inaccessible blacklist and a semi private
accessible blacklist?