Re: [exim] Moderation note

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Moderation note
D Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 at 06:15 +0100, peter@??? confabulated:
>
>> I don't know if there was a full moon last night, but something seems
>> to have got into the bloodstream of some list members....
>>
>> Please take the personal attacks somewhere else, they're not
>> appropriate here. The recent threads on callbacks, 'secret' DNSBLs etc
>> have nothing to do with Exim, and even if they did, add way more heat
>> than light.
>>
>> I'll put the major proponents on moderation if this doesn't die out immediately.
>
> Fine by me. I've been an innocent bystander for quite some time now
> attempting to learn more about Exim. I can say, my learning has been
> side-tracked. Oh well, to each his own. I will be unsubscribing soon.

Slightly off topic from the OP, but if you want to learn about Exim then
the mailing list might not be quite the right place. It is more focused
on solving individual issues people have (and occasional rants) rather
than a complete education platform.

If you haven't already read the manual, specifically chapters 3 (How
Exim receives and delivers mail) and 7 (The default configuration file),
I recommend starting there.

There is also a jam packed beginners site maintained by a long time user
of exim and this mailing list, Jason - http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/

And finally, you can never go past installing it and playing with it.

Ted.