Re: [exim] Rotating SMTP Outgoing IP addresses - SOLUTION

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Rotating SMTP Outgoing IP addresses - SOLUTION
Marc Perkel wrote:
> I'll just throw this out there for anyone else who need to search for a
> simple way to do rotating IP addresses. This example assumes you have 10
> IP addresses that you've dedicated to outgoing email and the idea is to
> get about an equal distribution so as to get past rate limiting on the
> receiving side. In this example we are rotating from 65.49.42.0 to
> 65.49.42.9
>
> interface = 65.49.42.6${eval:${substr{-2}{1}{$tod_zulu}}%10}

Marc,

'Getting around' rate-limiting - of all things - seems to be one of the
least-polite things you could do.

Think it through.

What are you making your sending server's IP pool look like?

The counter you can expect is not necessarily an smtp one at all, let
alone Exim-specific.

Far more harm than good comes of that.

Bill