Re: [exim] quick help: headers_add question

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Jayp
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] quick help: headers_add question
On 2008-04-26 at 10:09 -0400, Jayp wrote:
> I'm trying to add a Sender header to my outgoing messages because one never
> shows up. I want the Sender email address to be the same as the Reply-To
> email address.

The Sender: header has a very specific meaning and you're trying to
subvert it. Exim will fix up a message when it's handling initial
submissions (local invocation, or "control = submission" in an ACL) and
this involves removing an existing Sender: header.

If you can state what the problem is you're trying to work around, that
might get more useful help.

Regards,
-Phil