[exim] Smarthost relaying only for certain "from" addresses

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Robert G. Ristroph
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Smarthost relaying only for certain "from" addresses

Hi guys,

I have a working exim 4.62 server on Debian, with some virtual and
local domains, that is a regular internet site, that it accepts and
sends email directly. No problems there.

I added to this server an installation of the RT "Request Tracker"
software. Now, this software handles email for
support@??? where mydomain.org is NOT handled on this
machine, there is another mail server for it (which I also control
and can modify). I have to have the RT on this machine and the
email for that domain on another machine for reasons outside of my
control.

I forwarded the support@ email from the other server to the RT one,
to a special RT address, and that works fine.

However, when RT sends out email responses, they appear to come
from support@???, but they aren't coming from the same IP
address that all other mydomain.org email comes from, and because
of SPF records and reverse lookups and such, some that email get
filtered as spam by the recipients.

So, what I want to do is make my exim server with the RT on it
relay outgoing mail through the mydomain.org server, ONLY in the
special case that the from line is "support@???".

This FAQ seems close to what I need:

http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Routing_to_remote_hosts/Q0312

But, it seems to say that if the From: address was one thing, use a
certain smarthost, and if it is another, use a different smarthost.

What I want to do is use a particular smarthost if the From:
address is a certain thing, but otherwise deliver mail directly.
How do I do that ?

There is another option: in the RT software I can set the
"sendmail" command that is used to send mail. Is it possible I
could make that command be a special exim4 command, perhaps with a
-Dname=value option, that would cause that email to be sent via the
mydomain.org smarthost, but other system mail would not be ?

I feel my question may be too wordy, but I don't know how to be
more brief. Any suggestions at all, including other terms to
google on or something, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Rob

--
http://rgr.freeshell.org/