Re: [exim] Rewriting from envelope header at transport time

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Phil Pennock
To: Doug Jolley
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Rewriting from envelope header at transport time
On 2008-04-25 at 16:46 -0700, Doug Jolley wrote:
> I would like to re-write the from envelope header at transport time.
> The headers_rewrite
> generic transport option looks like the way to go except that it
> doesn't work; and,
> presumably the reason for that is that (according to the
> documentation) such rewriting
> rules do not apply to envelope headers. Then, how do I accomplish
> this feat? Thanks
> for any input.

So, the bit of the documentation you were presumably looking at
continues to point you at the right option.

             These rewriting rules are not applied to the envelope. You can
change the return path using return_path, but you cannot change envelope
recipients at this time.

So use "return_path = new-return-path-string-expansion" on the Transport.

-Phil