Re: [exim] Problem with headers_add

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Russell Wilton
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Problem with headers_add
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Russell Wilton wrote:
>
>> phishing:
>> driver = redirect
>> data = security(at)uleth.ca
>> unseen
>> no_verify
>> condition = ${if or{{ ...
>> headers_add = X-Phishing: Might be a phishing attempt
>>
>> It seems to work except that the X-Phishing header is not added.
>>

> Strange. I also think it should be, AFAICT. Perhaps some debugging output
> would be enlightening.
>
> A moderately grotty workaround might be to redirect via a magic address
> that causes the header to be added.
>
> Tony.

Thanks Tony. Poking through the voluminous output from an 'exim -bs -d'
session I found my problem. The 'unseen' copy of the message was being
rerouted from the top and hitting my 'phishing' router again. This
produced a second unseen copy and routed the first one on for delivery
without the added header. As Philip's Marvelous Manual (tm) warns when
you have two copies of the same message with different header specs both
destined for the same address, only one gets delivered and it is
indeterminate which one it will be.

So, the solution was to add a 'repeat_use = False' line to the router,
and then everything works as intended. I suspect an appropriately
valued 'redirect_router' would have done the job as well, but I didn't
experiment with that.

Thanks again.

PS: If anybody tries to use the condition in my original note, you will
find that it doesn't work as advertised - it is always true. I got a
few too many sets of braces in there. Sorry.

--
Russell D. Wilton
Info Tech Systems Analyst