[exim] NOT Re: exim mailing issue

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-user
Betreff: [exim] NOT Re: exim mailing issue
On 12/05/2008, Nayagi MC <nayagimc@???> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have stated a issue before
>
>   I am having three MX Records
>   domain.com    MX       5       69.10.44.24
>   domain.com    MX      10       smtp.secureserver.net
>   domain.com    MX      20       mailstore1.secureserver.net

> Sir, If I stop the exim service I recieve the mail in the account at
> godaddy ie when the primary server is down i get the mail in other account.
> My issue is if my primary server is up again, the mail must be retrieved
> back to it. That is my mailbox must be uptodate. Is that synchronization is
> possible via exim4.

Firstly, please don't steal someone else's thread - start a new thread
for a new question.

Your MX 5 record is invalid, MX records have to point to hostnames,
not IP addresses.

If secureserver.net is acting as backup MX for your domain (which
probably isn't called domain.com, so we can't check it for you), then
they should queue your mail and send it on when your server is back
up. If instead they're provding mailbox access and your mail is
delivered to mailboxes hosted there, then you'll need to use something
like fetchmail to retrieve the mail from them and deliver it into your
Exim server.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer