著者: Heiko Schlichting
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?
John Burnham wrote:
> Yes... if eXpurgate is acting like a proxy. The only reference to
> eXpurgate wrt email I could find is
> http://email.about.com/od/spamfilteringservices/gr/expurgate.htm which
> doesn't sound like what I would call a proxy.

This is eXpurgate.ASP, which is some sort of a service and not what we are
talking about.

Marten uses eXpurgate.Inhouse, which is a software. It can run in proxy
mode or in spamd (SpamAssassin Daemon compatible) mode.

More details: http://www.eleven.de/index.php?lang=en

We are also customer of eXpurgate.Inhouse and use it in spamd mode as
I prefer having exim listening on port 25 and not a proxy. The easy
integration of eXpurgate via spamd mode into exim makes it superior to
other commercial solutions I have seen. And it uses a mechanism which is
supplemental to our bogofilter and SpamAssassin which we use in addition.
But your mileage may vary.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko@???       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin