Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?
Marten Lehmann wrote:

> In some cases there is no choice. You won't find an open source virus
> scanner that beats or nearly reaches the same detection rates and comes
> with heuristic that the world leaders Kaspersky and Symantec do. And
> similar, you don't find an out-of-the-box spamfilter that has zero false
> positives and a high detection rate for ISPs like eXpurgate (thats the
> name of our solution). If you have ever worked with SpamAssassin, you
> would know that it is no possible to use it with a good detection rate
> without of much regular manual work and configuration for 500.000
> messages and more a day per mx server.
>
> I don't want to discuss open and closed source since we use both of it
> whichever does its job better.

Seems to me that if you're willing to pay cash for your closed source
scanning solution, you should be willing to come up with a bounty to
sponsor development of XCLIENT support in exim. Given the previous
complete lack of interest in the exim community, I don't see it
happening any other way (unless you code it yourself, of course).

- Marc