Re: [exim] Strange attachments in messages sent to Yahoo

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange attachments in messages sent to Yahoo
Jayp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been sending messages to my Yahoo account from my server for testing
> and I noticed something odd. In the Yahoo WebMail app, each message from my
> server shows that there is an attachment (even though I never attached any),
> but when I open the message there's no attachment or link. Does this happen
> to anyone else? Can it be fixed?
>
> I tried searching the archive for past discussions but didn't find anything.
> I pasted the headers below to see if that brings up anything strange.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> JP
>
>>From jipp@??? Tue Apr 22 12:13:03 2008
> From: jipp@???
> To: ryna@???
> Subject: NYC Alumni Association Meeting

Nothing to do with Exim - which is why you'll find nothing much in archives.

It is a Yahoo and MUA issue - but not necessarily one you want to change.

- Yahoo may be adding headers and footers with links and adverts to your
message.

- Your MUA display may be set to display 'inline' any attachments that
it *can* display that way.

- But you may wisely have rules blocking html, junk, added adverts.

- And - of course, your own original composition may something 'other
than' pure 7-bit plaintext.

So there are attachments - you are just not seeing them separately.

Look at the entire message source. You key is in lines such as:

and

boundary="----=_Part_5_24501937.1208891582610"

Look also for html tags or links...

HTH,