著者: Kosmocronos
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Exim4 and Hylafax
Hello Phil,
many thanks for your answer.
What do you mean with :
""
Take a closer look at /etc/aliases. It's not "variable=value" format.

Try:
----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
faxmaster: pippo@???
----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------

""

Maybe remove every empty line before and after the line with the alias ?

Regards,
K.

Phil Pennock <exim-users@???> ha scritto: On 2008-04-21 at 13:15 +0200, Kosmocronos wrote:
>                                            Hello to all,
> and pardon me for my bad english.
> I am newbe of open-source software.
> I have installed Hylafax 4.4.0 on Ubuntu Server 7.10 and server mail (I think) is Exim4 (found it on running services).

> Can anyone help me, step by step, to configure Exim4 and Hylafax to send incoming faxes to an e-mail address like pippo@??? ?
>
> In faxrcvd I have found command line that use Sendmail (but Exim4 and Sendmail are interfaced ?).
> After I have made this change in faxrrvd:
> # FROMADDRESS=FaxMaster
> and added these lines
> FILETYPE=pdf
> SENDTO=FaxMaster

You _can_ just put an email address in as the value of SENDTO there.
Since that would put the final email address in the To: line, it's less
likely to be spam-filtered by the systems at the receiving end.

> after added this line in /etc/aliases
> FaxMaster=pippo@???

Take a closer look at /etc/aliases. It's not "variable=value" format.

Try:
----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
faxmaster: pippo@???

After fixing the aliases file, just try sending email to FaxMaster. If
that email is delivered okay, then the problem is with your Hylafax
setup. If it's not delivered okay, look at /var/log/exim4/mainlog for
the record of what happened to the email.

-Phil

Inviato da Yahoo! Mail.
La casella di posta intelligente.From msabath@??? Tue Apr 22 09:34:32 2008