Re: [exim] Exim4 and Hylafax

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Kosmocronos
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim4 and Hylafax
On 2008-04-21 at 13:15 +0200, Kosmocronos wrote:
>                                            Hello to all,
> and pardon me for my bad english.
> I am newbe of open-source software.
> I have installed Hylafax 4.4.0 on Ubuntu Server 7.10 and server mail (I think) is Exim4 (found it on running services).

> Can anyone help me, step by step, to configure Exim4 and Hylafax to send incoming faxes to an e-mail address like pippo@??? ?
>
> In faxrcvd I have found command line that use Sendmail (but Exim4 and Sendmail are interfaced ?).
> After I have made this change in faxrrvd:
> # FROMADDRESS=FaxMaster
> and added these lines
> FILETYPE=pdf
> SENDTO=FaxMaster

You _can_ just put an email address in as the value of SENDTO there.
Since that would put the final email address in the To: line, it's less
likely to be spam-filtered by the systems at the receiving end.

> after added this line in /etc/aliases
> FaxMaster=pippo@???

Take a closer look at /etc/aliases. It's not "variable=value" format.

Try:
faxmaster:    pippo@???

After fixing the aliases file, just try sending email to FaxMaster. If
that email is delivered okay, then the problem is with your Hylafax
setup. If it's not delivered okay, look at /var/log/exim4/mainlog for
the record of what happened to the email.

-Phil