Re: [exim] Exim push localhost name in mail

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Muharrem BEYAZ
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim push localhost name in mail
On 2008-04-21 at 13:51 +0300, Muharrem BEYAZ wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I have a problem. I'm newbie for exim. I use manualroute exim to qmail work.
> Exim fetch plesk db users and passwords work perfectly no problem with send
> and recieve but;
>
> mainlog;
>
> 2008-04-21 13:07:03 1JnsvP-000KzC-L2 <= "xxx@??? H=([
> 192.168.1.203]) [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] P=esmtpa
> A=plain:xxx@???<plain%3Axxx@???>S=657 id=
> 480C672C.6000308@???
>
> How can I remove mail.xxx.xxx domain name mail headers

So the bit inside the double-quotes show that your authentication is
yielding a domain, not just a usercode.

If you're using anything like the default config, in the ACLs section
(after "begin acl") you have an ACL "acl_check_rcpt". In that, you
should find a bit which goes:

  accept  authenticated = *
          control       = submission

If the authenticator will _ALWAYS_ include a domain, then change the
control line to:

          control       = submission/domain=

This is because the authenticated session is being treated as a
mail-client submission, so the usual fix-ups are being applied and the
usercode is being forced to be that from the authentication.

If you want to allow authenticated senders to specify any sending
address, then you can instead set:

          control       = submission/sender_retain

Regards,
-Phil