[pcre-dev] Press inquiry -- PCRE

Author: robert_mcmillan
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] Press inquiry -- PCRE

Hi there,

I'm a reporter working on a story about that Safari PWN2OWN bug
(http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/04/16/Apple-patches-prize-winning-bug_1.html)
that Apple patched last week and its relationship to PCRE and (in
particular) to item #3 here.

http://scary.beasts.org/security/CESA-2007-006.html

Is there anyone on the dev team who knows about this and could perhaps help
me understand the facts here, because it looks like you guys had patched
this bug before WebKit and that someone could have found this "zero day"
flaw from looking at your changelogs.

If anyone could help me out, either via telephone or email, I'd really
appreciate it.

Cheers,

Bob

Robert McMillan
Senior Writer, IDG News Service
501 Second Street, Suite 120
San Francisco, CA 94107
415 974-7470

The News Service distributes exclusive news, features, videos, photos and
podcasts to Computerworld, CIO, NetworkWorld, PC World, Macworld and
Infoworld – technology publications and web sites that account for more
than 300 titles circulated in more than 85 countries. On the Web, our
stories are published by the New York Times, the Washington Post and ABC
News.