Re: [exim] No Blacklist DNS List

Author: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] No Blacklist DNS List
On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Marc Perkel wrote:

| Chris Edwards wrote:

| > BTW, wouldn't a "No Blacklist List" be more simply described as a "white list" ?
| >

| No - because Yahoo would be on the no blacklist list. But it wouldn't be
| on my whitelist. My whitelist is a ham only list. Yahoo would be on my
| yellow list which means it is a mixed source, but should never be
| blacklisted by IP address.

Ah OK - I'm with you now. Sorry for being slow.

We have something similar here - a list of IPs for which we override the
various IP-related tests (DNSBL, HELO checks etc). Many big ISPs are
listed, particularly those that often drop in and out of the public
DNSBLs. Their mail is still subjected to SpamAssassin content tests, in
the hope of catching some of the 419s etc.

We call this an "off-white" list. "Pink" list would also be suitable.

FWIW it's very rare for us to "whiter-than-white"-list an IP such that it
also bypasses content checks...