Re: [exim] Best way to pass information between message and …

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: jori.hamalainen
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Best way to pass information between message and its' bounce

> W B Hacker [wbh@???] write:
> Exim has a stats tool that can probably pre-digest whatever you need more easily by analyzing the logs.

Well this is the thing what I've been doing, but it is complex (with rotating logs, and storing log positions & seek). IMO for SNMP monitoring something more simple should be used.

What I am now thinking is using socket-communications to tell external software that increase counter. But still it is not perfect as I would like to have real counter from transport (successfull / unsuccessfull).

With integrated counter support it would be easier to monitor exim with Nagios&Cacti.

- Jori