Re: [exim] No Blacklist DNS List

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Martin A. Brooks
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] No Blacklist DNS List

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>>> 1) On what grounds, exactly, is a host added to this list?
>>>
>> I have a list of host names - some from my white list, some from my
>> yellow list (yahoo, hotmail, etc.). I'm adding to the name based
>> lists all the time. Then when I get email from these domains then I
>> record the IP in the same color list. For example, wellsfargo.com
>> never sends spam. It's all good. So they are whitelisted by name.
>
> So, what would happen if _I_ sent you an email from
> mart@???? Let's see:

What's amazing is that few people understand the concept of a white
list. It doesn't mean that I'm blocking mail that doesn't come from
wells fargo, it's that I'm allowing wells fargo mail to bypass all other
spam testing. Is it's wells fargo email from a wellfs fargo server -
it's good.