Re: [exim] Exim and NFS mounted mail spool

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim and NFS mounted mail spool
Robert Fargher wrote:

> In this setup, is it that the mail spool is mbox rather than maildir likely
> the source of the lack of Mail2's performance?

Definitely, I would say. Check the recent thread titled "heart beat load
balancing and exim". NFS only really will work ok-ish with traditional
unix format mailboxes. Also added to that, regardless of the mailbox
formnat, NFS can be rather slow compared to direct filesystem of course.
Take into account though that unix format is a slower format and doesn't
allow shared access (though that's more of concern to imap).

In my opinion you'd be better of rethinking your strategy and try to
incorporate a raid1 or raid10 to put your mailstore on. Have mail2
deliver email to mail1 (your mailstore) using plain smtp. This will have
failover, since that's built into smtp, in the case mail1 is down
delivery will be queued.

Best regards,
Jeroen