Re: [exim] No Blacklist DNS List

Autor: Martin A. Brooks
A: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] No Blacklist DNS List
Marc Perkel wrote:
> I've created a public no blacklist DNS list of host names and IP
> addresses that should never be blacklisted. Some of them are from my
> white list, some from my yellow list, and others are just names and IPs
> that you don't want to be on a blacklist. Here's the link that describes
> how to use it.
>
> http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Spam_DNS_Lists#No_Blacklist_List
>
> The idea here is if the IP is in this list then you can skip all other
> IP based blacklist tests because if found it would be a false positive.
> It also reduces bandwidth usage and system load by skipping useless tests.

Some questions:

1) On what grounds, exactly, is a host added to this list?
2) Who is able to edit the contents of the list?
3) How often are hosts on this list re-evaluated against the conditions
set in point 1?
4) What exactly are "names and IPs that you don't want to be on a
blacklist" ?
5) In your documentation at the URL above you state "127.0.0.3 =
yellowlisted - mixed source - do not blacklist or whitelist". Yet here
you've said, of hosts that should never be blacklisted, "some from my
yellow list", which is correct?

I find myself confused by your arbitrary terminology.

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin@???      | filtering. Inoculate