Re: [exim] Best way to pass information between message and …

Autor: jori.hamalainen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Best way to pass information between message and its' bounce

> - Something similar applies w/r global variables.

> As Exim normally spawns a child process for each connection,
> changes are not readily shareable across multiple such instances.

> That said, it is common to use flat-files or CDB/BDB/DB or SQL
> to hold information written by Exim or other processes, such
> as white/grey/black lists. The information will at least be
> actioned on the next 'new' run of a child process with no
> restart of the parent Exim daemon required.

Thanks for quick answers, so the thing are like I suspected.

However one caveat in global stats-variables when using database for
it is that if I need to write diffent lines into it by *end* status of
transport (timed out, successfull, denied etc). Can that be done?

As if I want to graph in Cacti/MRTG the successfull & unsuccessfull
transport attempts.

BR,
Jori