[exim] TLS interaction problem with Communigate Pro 4.1.6

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Florian Weimer
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] TLS interaction problem with Communigate Pro 4.1.6
Communigate Pro (at least in some versions) does not cope very well
with TLS advertisements. If this server software tries to submit a
message to one of our hosts (which advertises STARTTLS during EHLO),
it aborts the delivery attempt during the TLS handshake. The nasty
part: it immediately retries, at the same MX, leading to the same
failure, probably until the message has expired from the queue.

Is there some sort of configuration hack that could help to address
this problem? I don't want to fall back to SSL 3.0 globally (hich
would solve this particular problem), and sender-specific
configuration is only a last resort.

The messages the remote hosts are trying to deliver aren't important,
I guess. It's probably just backscatter.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@???>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99