Re: [exim] There's a hole in the bucket, ...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Johann Spies
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] There's a hole in the bucket, ...
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 05:22:30PM +0100, Phil Chambers wrote:

> The only way you can have user-selection of spam blocking is to
> defer recipients who do not match the first recipient's blocking
> state. I don't see that in your acl snippets.

Yes, sorry, I did not want the email to become too long. I do defer
them:

   defer message = Try this address in the next batch, please.
         condition = ${if  !eq{$acl_m0}{$acl_m1}{yes}{no}}
          hosts   = !+relay_from_hosts
         !authenticated = *

> You appear to be rejecting the message only if the first recipient
> has opted to reject. If the first recipient is not blocking then
> you accept it for all.

So every time the individual recipient's preference differs from the
previous one (unless it is the first one), the message gets referred.

A colleague of mine has come upon something that might be the cause of
the problem - we are still investigating:

We previously had some subdomains which were valid email addresses
previously and which are now rewitten by exim - like
jspies@??? will be rewritten to jspies@???.

It seems that when an spam email were sent to jspies@???
it will be marked and sent through because wer made a mistake to put
maties.sun.ac.za in the relaydomain-list for which spam are only
blocked per domain when requested.

Thanks to you and Greame Fowler for your thorough reading of my
configuration.

Your questions made me think again about the logic involved in this
configuration.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And they asked him, saying, Master, we know that
      thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest
      thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God
      truly: Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto
      Caesar, or no? And he said unto them, Render
      therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's,
      and unto God the things which be God's."
                      Luke 20:21,22,25