Re: [exim] whitelist geographical location

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ian Eiloart
To: palmeida, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] whitelist geographical location

--On 14 April 2008 12:15:45 +0100 Paulo Almeida <palmeida@???> wrote:

>> Is it possible to whitelist geographical location to certain email
>> address ?
>> Just some thing I have been requested to do today
>>

> For starting, take a look on this:
>
> http://georbl.info/how-to-use/exim-configuration/
>
> Paulo

But, be aware that this will only tell you the location of the mail server,
not the location of the original sender. For example, I'm in the UK but my
personal email is relayed through US servers.

I don't think you'll get much more precise information than the country,
either. For example, I'm in Sussex, but my home ISP is in Yorkshire, so
(even if I used their email service), you'd not know much about my location.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex