[exim-dev] DKIM, GPLv3

Autor: David Woodhouse
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: [exim-dev] DKIM, GPLv3
I'd like to start shipping Fedora's Exim package with DKIM support, so
I'm looking at the licensing issues.

Once upon a time, the only available DomainKeys support was under a
non-free licence. Now we have libdkim, which is Apache-licensed.

However, the Apache v2 licence isn't compatible with GPLv2; only with
GPLv3. Which is OK, theoretically, because Exim is licensed under GPLv2
'or any later version' as far as I can tell.

So I could possibly link with libdkim and ship Fedora's Exim under
GPLv3. Does anyone have a problem with that, and/pr are there parts of
Exim which are GPLv2-only without the 'or any later version'?

(Is it libdkim that people are using? It doesn't even seem to build out
of the box, or pass its own internal tests, for me.)

--
dwmw2