Re: [exim] Exim4 As Spam Filter but Authenticate external SM…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Oliver von Bueren
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim4 As Spam Filter but Authenticate external SMTP to different instance
ocl discussins wrote:
> The problem is that external mail users (ie., users from home using mail
> clients) need to be able to send mail through eximFilter, but must first
> authenticate before sending. I don't want to duplicate my user listing on

If I get your setup correctly, eximFilter has the purpose of weeding out
the spam you get from "outside" and eximMail is the one installation
doing the "real" work for your internal users inbound and outbound wise.

As you plan to authenticate anyway, why don't you open port 587 (SMTP
Submission) on eximMail for your home users to send mail through
eximMail directly? If implemented correctly, this does not open eximMail
to anyone expect the authenticated known users for sending mail.

Oliver