Re: [exim] Weird client TLS problem

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Weird client TLS problem
Jerome Louvel <contact@???> (Do 10 Apr 2008 18:13:49 CEST):

> I'm not sure I want to go that far yet as I'm still not sure about the
> actual cause. Is a '0' entropy an issue in all cases, or is it just an issue
> for Exim/TLS?

Missing entropy should be a problem for all applications using
/dev/random.
> > 'not enought entropy' message, I think, it came from some
> > other service,
> > exim just waited for entropy (so I'm not 100% sure for your
> > case, since
> > for us exim just waited.... but could be that this behaviour changed.)
>
> I checked mainlog again and nothing related to the failing connection
> appears.

Did you check it against other servers. You might use our
(ssl.schlittermann.de). Of course, I won't let you relay, but you should
get a meaningful error message.

Maybe you could start exim in debug mode on some other port and watch
the output

    exim -d-all+tls -bd -C <testconfig>

--
Heiko