Re: [exim] domain alias vs mailman list

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Rick Pasotto
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] domain alias vs mailman list
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 02:45:34PM +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 9 April 2008 12:02:01 -0400 Rick Pasotto <rick@???> wrote:
>
> > I host several virtual domains on my machine. Two of them have both
> > mailman lists and the aliases 'officers@???' and
> > 'officers@???'. This has been working well.
> >
> > I recently added another domain with the regular mailman list and then,
> > rather than using an alias, I set up a mailman list 'officers'. Now when
> > an email is sent to 'officers@???' it is sent to the mailman
> > list for the new domain instead of using the alias.
> >
> > Do I have something setup wrong? How do I correct it?
>
> You need to specify a domain on your Mailman router,

I have in 04_exim4-config_MMoptions:

domainlist mm_domains=niof.net : \
    acc-tm.org : \
    charlottetoastmasters.info : \
    lpmeck.us : \
    lpnc.info : \
    monday6o.org : \
    qctm.org

and in 350_exim4-config_mailman:
mailman_router:
    driver = accept
    domains = +mm_domains
    require_files = MM_LISTCHK
    local_part_suffix_optional
    local_part_suffix = -admin      : \
        -bounces   : -bounces+* : \
        -confirm   : -confirm+* : \
        -join      : -leave     : \
        -owner     : -request   : \
        -subscribe : -unsubscribe
    transport = mailman_transport

> or (less good) move it later in the list, so that the Mailman router
> is inspected after your virtual domains.

When I tried this by moving router/370_exim4-config_vdom_aliases to
router/330_exim4-config_vdom_aliases the alias worked but then none of
the mail lists worked.

--
"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a
 fool forever." -- Old Chinese saying