Re: [exim] How to debug non-specific "temporarily rejected R…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ephraim Vishniac
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] How to debug non-specific "temporarily rejected RCPT"
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Dave Evans
<exim-users-20080324@???> wrote:

> http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/General_Debugging/Q0002
>
> You want option 3, "exim -bh".

Thanks. Somehow in my first reading I only absorbed the possibility
of simulating a local session. Walking through a remote session gave
me the clue I needed and I'm all set now.

What the session showed was that exim sporadically bailed out during
the processing of blacklisted hosts. I started scrubbing extinct
blacklisted hosts, which got me further but was fragile -- transient
lookup failures still derailed it. That tipped me off to the real
difference between my old setup and my new one: resolv.conf. The new
setup only had the local dns listed while the old one had the
opends.org servers as a supplement. Adding more servers stabilized
host lookup and made exim happy. No more vague deferrals.