Re: [exim] Vacation autoreply not sent

Author: Dirk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Vacation autoreply not sent
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:58:38 -0400, kmb <kmb@???> wrote:
>Dirk,
>Try the two changes below in RED. $home should include the
>$local_user

===========
Dear Kevin,
Thank you for your time and suggestions.
I cannot see RED (visually impaired). Editing conf files is rather
difficult. In sort, it does not yet work. Sent mail arrives, but no
autoreply.
Here are router and transport:

# Vacation router
user_vacation:
driver = accept
check_local_user
user = $local part
# do not reply to errors or lists
condition = "${if or {{match {$h_precedence:} {(?i)junk|bulk|list}}
{eq {$sender_address} {}}} {no} {yes}}"
no_expn
require_files = $home/$local_part/vacation.msg
# do not reply to errors and bounces or lists
senders = " ! ^.*-request@.*:\
! ^owner-.*@.*:\
! ^postmaster@.*:\
! ^listmaster@.*:\
! ^mailer-daemon@.*\
! ^root@.*"
transport = vacation_reply
unseen
# transport_home_directory = $home/$local_part
transport_home_directory = $home
no_verify
# # End vacation router

===============
# Vacation transport
vacation_reply:
driver = autoreply
# file = $home/$local_part/vacation.msg
file = $home/vacation.msg
file_expand
from = Autoreply System <$original_local_part@$original_domain>
log = $home/$local_part/vacation.log
once = home/$local_part/vacation.db
once_repeat = 7d
subject = ${if def:h_Subject: {Re:
${quote:${escape:${length_50:$h_Subject:}}} (autoreply)} {I am on
vacation} }
text = "\
Dear $h_from\n\n\
This is an automatic reply. Feel free to send additional\n\
mail, as only this one notice will be generated once every 7
days.\n\
The following is a prerecorded message, sent for
$original_local_part@$original_domain:\n\
====================================================\n\n\"
to = "$sender_address"
# End vacation transport

When restarting I got:
Starting exim: 2008-04-09 11:54:19 Exim configuration error in line
536 of /etc/exim/exim.conf:
  "user" option set for the second time
                                                           [FAILED]
So I removed the second user = $local part in the router.

Then exim started OK.
Hope you can help me (i.e. the school, I do not like vacations).
Dirk