Re: [exim] blew away exim config and cant send mail

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] blew away exim config and cant send mail
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:49:23 -0700 (PDT), stryker9603
<mossy99us@???> wrote:
>after that I ran dpkg -r exim4 and dpkg-p exim4 then reinstalled exim4.
>upon reinstall it did not go through configuration like it should. and It
>did not make the directory /etc/exim4 so I created that directory and
>installed exim4 again. Long story short is I am missing some config files
>and I cant get exim to restart by typing in /etc/init.d/exim4 restart.

You need to purge and reinstall exim4-config. Doing so might be a
challenge since uninstalling the MTA will deinstall half of your
system.

Please ask on debian-user how to get out of this situation, this is
not even a Debian exim issue.

Greetings
Marc