Re: [exim] Prevent bouncing

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: mfa, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Prevent bouncing

--On 3 April 2008 05:15:40 +0100 mfa@??? wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm using Exim 4.63 with Debin 4.1.
> This server is forwarding some email to remote domains and sometimes a few
> messages are returned with 5xx errors. Quite often this happens because
> the remote server considers the message to be spam.
> I can not use a spam filter and refuse the messages on my server. I have
> to try to forward all the email.
>
> Is there any way I can avoid the bounce message that Exim will generate
> but will never be delivered because the source does not exist?
> I wanted to do something like:
> if the server to which I forward email returned 5xx, discard (or frozen)
> the message and don't bounce to the sender.

You should use calls forward to check that the sender and recipient
addresses are acceptable, and refuse the message if unacceptable. That
might pick up a lot of the problems.

If the bounce message isn't deliverable, you can set a timeout to
automatically remove the message from the queue.

More worrying though, are the bounce messages that are delivered. If they
really are spam, then they'll be delivered to innocent third parties. If
they're not spam, then the correspondent needs to get the bounce message.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex