Re: [exim] "Option --user requires special privileges"

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ted Cooper
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] "Option --user requires special privileges"
Konstantin Boyandin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I use
>
> user = exim
> group = mail
>
> statements in a router's definition, and I see this in Exim response
> trying to send a message:
>
> Option --user requires special privileges when user does not match
> current user, e.g.. root or Trusted User [uid=93(exim)]
>
> I can't find in the documentation what special privileges I need to
> set to handle that. Setting setuid bit on exim executable doesn't
> solve the problem.

I can't find that error message anywhere inside exim. It sounds like
something is getting called as a user that is not root or 93 and it
knows that that state is useless so it's throwing the error.

Privileges in this case are - it has to run as root or exim(93). Running
without means it running as some other user.

What else are you using because it really doesn't look like a direct
result of exim.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html