Re: [exim] Change outgoing smtp port

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-user
Subject: Re: [exim] Change outgoing smtp port
(Please don't top-post)

On 01/04/2008, tomcatf14a <justicebao2001@???> wrote:

> What i mean is, i want port 26 on my Exim to connect to port 26 on the
> recipient server as my outgoing port 25 has been blocked on ISP level.

That's most unlikely to be what you want. Outgoing SMTP connections
(and pretty much all other connections, too, unless specifically
configured otherwise) use a randomly-allocated 'ephemeral' port number
with a high number (at least > 1024) as their source port. If your ISP
has blocked anything, it's probably connections to a destination port
of 25. Good for them.

You need to use their submission service which they undoubtedly
provide for you in return. Or use a smarthost which is under your
control, and connect to the submission port (587).

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???