[exim] Using netcat to troubleshoot exim configuration. How …

Author: Olivier
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Using netcat to troubleshoot exim configuration. How to send attachment file ?
Hi,

I'm an exim newbie and I'm having trouble to find exim configuration
compatible with my ISP settings (which I'm not familiar with, at the moment)
While trying to find appropriate configuration, I discovered netcat.

Using it, I was able to script emails sending and work around my ISP
authentication process :

$ cat netcat.input.txt
EHLO pipo.com
AUTH LOGIN
NDEEsGH2LmZyLmZ0bw==
JUZBRGDhsl
MAIL FROM: <root@???>
RCPT TO: safet.susic@???
DATA
Subject: Trial
Netcat trial
.
QUIT
$ netcat smtp.oleane.com 587 <netcat.input.txt
.... closing connection

Has anyone an hint telling how I could send an attachment file (such as
foo.pdf) along this short "Netcat trial" text ?

Regards