Re: [exim] how to accept mail with invalid to-header?

Author: Anja Gawlik
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [exim] how to accept mail with invalid to-header?

>> one of our customers send mail with invalid to-headers in the form of
>>
>> T To: <recpt name<recpt.name@???>
>>
>> Exim rejects them with: rejected after DATA: "@" or "." expected after >"recpt": failing address in "To:" header is: <recpt >name<recpt.name@???>
>>
>> Is there some way to make exim accept mails with this faulty header from >that one domain?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Anja
>
>Stop doing header syntax checking in your data ACL. Check out the manual
>for more information.

Thank you for your reply, this was my first idea too, but in our config it says:

require
message = Found an invalid header
verify = header_syntax

So I would have expected a line in the logfile that says something about "Found an invalid header". But there is non. Can it still be that require-statement above?

There is no other 'verify = header_syntax' statement in the config-file.

If I replace the above by

deny
message = Found an invalid header
!verify = header_syntax
!sender_domains = example.com

would it then selectively allow those mails through that come from example.com and check the others for header syntax?

Anja