Re: [exim] Address already in use error even though exim is …

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ted Cooper
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Address already in use error even though exim is working
Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Gabriel Harrison <
> gabriel@???> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm getting periodic errors in the paniclog that I can't track down the
>> cause of. I'm running exim on a Debian vserver.
>>
>> The error is:
>>
>> 2008-03-31 08:20:59 socket bind() to port 25 for address (any IPv4)
>> failed:
>> Address already in use: daemon abandoned
>>

> You are sure nothing else is listening on port 25?
>
> netstat -anp | grep 25 (Linux)
> sockstat -l | grep 25 (FreeBSD, the one I know about)

You might also want to look for anything in your cron or anywhere
mentioning running exim with "-bd" at all. Any time that is run with
exim already running or something sitting on that port it will throw
that error. Check absolutely every time you call exim like from a spam
scanning re-injection or any reports using exim to post. The list goes on.

It's there .. just have to find it

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html