Re: [exim] Missing E-mail

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Missing E-mail
Torry Crass wrote:
> Well crap... That's kind of what I've been afraid of was that my issue with
> mail "may" be DNS related. What I don't understand is why it's not working
> for you when it works for me. The only thing that I have presently set up
> on the machine is iptables...maybe I've got something set up wrong there.
> I'll turn it off and if you could run the same test I'd appreciate it.

I'd say you've firewalled out large sections of the internet. I can
access your server from only 6/9 locations/data centers. The other
locations get their packets dropped on the cold cold ground.

125.254.X.X yes
203.194.X.X yes
125.255.X.X no
202.7.X.X no
203.211.X.X no
203.221.X.X yes
210.193.2.X yes
218.214.X.X yes
121.210.X.X yes

I can't really spot a pattern in that lot. Do you drag in an iptables
drop list from somewhere? Or are you dropping packets based on some
obscure IP flags?

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html