[exim] DNS Block List Server

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Russell Wilton
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] DNS Block List Server
I run Exim 4.52 on RedHat Ent Linux 4.6

I am implementing Spamhaus DNS block lists and have set up my own rbl
DNS server
for the purpose, as required by our volume of mail. We have set our
main DNS servers
to forward requests for the dnsbl zone to my new rbl DNS server, but we
are having difficulty
meeting Spamhaus' requirement that we restrict access to only our own
machines. We
have a fairly complicated DNS setup and our DNS expert says he has been
unable to
find a way to restrict forwarding without breaking something else.

It occurs to me that if there was some option for the dnslists condition
that would let me
specify the DNS server to use, I could scrap the forwarding and just
restrict access to
the rbl DNS server to only my mail systems. I have read the docs fairly
closely but
I don't see any mention of this type of functionality. Am I missing
something? Is there
some other way to do this? Any pointers greatly appreciated.

--
Russell D. Wilton                     E Mail: WILTON@???
Info Tech Systems Analyst              Voice:  (403) 329-2525