Re: [exim] multiple delivery locations for

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Phil Pennock
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Jason Keltz
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] multiple delivery locations for
On 2008-03-26 at 14:24 -0400, Jason Keltz wrote:
> Let's say that I have users local mail stored in one of two locations --
> /var/mail or /local/mail. When mail is delivered, I can't just specify
> the default "file=/var/mail/$local_part" under "local_delivery". How
> might I look up which file to deliver to from a file ordered something
> like this:
>
> user1 /var/mail/user1
> user2 /local/mail/user2

If your configuration is anything like the default, then you should have
a "local_delivery" transport which looks like:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/mail/$local_part
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
group = exim
user = $local_part
mode = 0660
no_mode_fail_narrower

This is the mechanism invoked by the "localuser" Router for
"transport"ing the mail to its destination.

Change the "file = ..." line to be constructed differently:

file = ${lookup {$local_part}lsearch{/my/special/file}}

That assumes that every user is always listed. If some users aren't
listed and you want those users to default to /local/mail/ then:

file = ${lookup {$local_part}lsearch{/my/special/file}{$value}{/local/mail/$local_part}}

Exim comes with a file "spec.txt" which the full doc; it's also
browsable online at www.exim.org; see:

  9.3 Single-key lookup types
    and other areas around here for more information on the types of
    lookup that can be done and how to allow forms of wildcarding, etc.

  11.5 Expansion items

-Phil