Re: [exim] headers_rewrite not working

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Vincent Stemen
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] headers_rewrite not working
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 01:13:53PM -0500, Vincent wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 02:50:56PM +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Vincent wrote:
> > >
> > > Below is the debug output up to the delivery attempt.
> > > It shows it is using the remote_smtp transport, but I see no indication
> > > that it sees the headers_rewrite line. It is as if it is not even
> > > there.
> >
> > You truncated the debug output before the rewriting occurs.
> >
> > >     SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<root@???> SIZE=1383
> > >     SMTP>> RCPT TO:<zzz@???>
> > >     SMTP>> DATA
> > >   waiting for data on socket

> > After Exim gets the response to the envelope it will send the message
> > rewriting the headers as it goes. The relevant debug output will appear
> > during this process.

Thanks Tony for your suggestions and information so far. Figuring out
how to get the debug output and finding out the rewriting takes place
later in the process than I thought was a big help :-).

OK. I think I am getting close to resolving it. The first thing I need
is to get it to send the correct *MAIL FROM* address. Apparently I must
set *return_path* in the transport for that. In my tests, I got it to
send the correct address by hard coding return_path. When I did, it
then indicated that it processed the *headers_rewrite* line also, in the
debug output. I don't know yet if the return_path has to be set before
it will use the headers_rewrite rule or not but I didn't see any sign of
it using it until I added a return_path line. Likely because it never
got that far because it was being rejected from my sender verify on the
other end because of the wrong "MAIL FROM" command. I probably will
turn off sender verify for my test address on the remote host to
confirm.

I am experimenting with an example from the faq, but it is not exactly
the way I want to do it. It looks like I should be able to get it
working at this point though.