[exim] X11BASE in FreeBSD 7

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Richard Clayton
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] X11BASE in FreeBSD 7

Building a new FreeBSD 7 where I build from source rather than from the
port reminds me of a problem that I've seen before on FreeBSD 6...

in /OS/Makefile-FreeBSD

there is the line

        X11=$(X11BASE)

Originally X11BASE was /usr/X11R* ("*" is "6" or "7") whereas with the
advent of the modular X system (a year or more back) all the good stuff
has been moved to /usr/local

Most people have probably put "X11BASE=/usr/local" into make.conf to fix
this up (and the exim port has it's own fix), but the global X11BASE
setting is not supposed to be necessary any more... and new installs of
FreeBSD 7 do _not_ have this set up by default.

Hence, it might be better to set the default file to contain

        X11=/usr/local

in order to prevent a series of error messages when compiling eximon
from the source, rather than as a port

- --
richard @ highwayman . com                       "Nothing seems the same
                          Still you never see the change from day to day
                                And no-one notices the customs slip away"