[exim] Forward local aliases to external addresses

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matthew Daubenspeck
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] Forward local aliases to external addresses
I am running exim-4.69 on a colo with a fair amount of domains using
lsearch and flat text files for local email. Each person has a local
account and they are organized by domain user@???, with user being a
local system user. However, I have had a few customers request the
ability to have a local alias (say sms@???) forward to a non local
domain (12345678@???). I know I can do this by creating local
system users and a .forward file, but that seems overkill for something
that always forwards to an external email address. I had this working
years ago in the early 3.x days, but never managed to get it working
again when I upgraded to 4.x oh so long ago. I've tried several routers
and I just don't seem to be able to get it working.

Does anything have anything similar? My current text files are setup
like:

useralias:    localuser

For each domain. It used to work with:

userforward:    external@???

Any suggestions?

--
Matthew Daubenspeck

Gentoo Linux x86_64 Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 165
10:42:41 up 134 days, 1:30, 6 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00