Re: [exim] local_interfaces question

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ted Cooper
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] local_interfaces question
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Is there a way to specify a rang of IP addresses for local_interface
> rather than just list them one at a time? I know about 0.0.0.0 but I'm
> not including them all. Basically I'm filling up some dead IP space with
> traps.

Just as a side, I too have been playing around with dead IP addresses
running SMTP servers. There are surprisingly few computers out there
scanning IP addresses looking for SMTP. They mostly attempt to relay
through the server and don't do anything else intelligent. So far they
have all been listed in the Zen list and not one attempted to send spam
to an even partially valid email address on the servers.

I would like to hear about your experience with this but with my
results, I had to declare the whole thing a waste of time.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html