Re: [exim] Is there a way I can check a file for valid users…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Is there a way I can check a file for valid users?
Hi

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 17:21 -0500, Robert Nicholson wrote:
> In my setup I have a file that contains the valid users for my domain
> and any mail to any other user than those should be binned immediately.

That would be great... apart from:

> Can anybody tell me how in my .forward (note I only control .forward)

At the point you're checking the .forward file, the message has been
accepted (as far as I recall). Rejection at this point for an invalid
sender is seen as back/outscatter and shouldn't, ideally, be done.

Before going on, why are invalid recipients getting to the delivery
phase? Do you have some form of catchall delivery system?

Graeme